1. Create a rich culture and coworking community
Coworking communities thrive on different people interacting.
2. Bring in a diversity of skills and work experience
The more skills and experience in a coworking community, the better.
3. House a variety of perspectives, personalities and life experience
Everyone has something valuable to offer a coworking community.
4. Challenge assumptions about age and generational differences
Individuals are so much more than the cultural stereotypes we’re fed.
5. Create collaborative possibilities
Great collaborations stretch across different ideas, perspectives and ages.
6. Set an inclusive vibe
Don’t forget to be age inclusive in your coworking space.
7. Tap into the earned wisdom of each generation
Embrace the massive amount of earned wisdom different generations bring—much of it unappreciated and untapped.
8. Avoid monoculture
Cultures of sameness are boring. Create something extraordinary.
9. Create a culture of mutual support
Members of all ages helping and supporting one another will create a strong, resilient and lasting brand community.
10. Reflect your extended community
People have to be able to see themselves in your community before they’ll want to join your community.
11. Fun, friendship and belonging
Thriving coworking communities are places of belonging—whoever your members and market may be. Extend this sense of belonging to people of all ages and your space will thrive.
Bonus: Inspire cross-generational mentorship
Having a mix of generations in a coworking space can foster opportunities for both reverse and traditional mentorship, enriching the community with shared knowledge and experiences.
This article was written by Cat Johnson of Cat Johnson Co. Find the original article and other resources here
FLEXIBLE WORKSPACE AUSTRALIA
Flexible Workspace Australia is the peak body for coworking and flexible workspace providers and partners across all cities and regions of Australia.