Looking to make your coworking space shine? It all starts with the perfect manager. They’re the ones who make things tick, inspire everyone, and keep the energy buzzing. Ready to find that star manager? Let’s jump in!
Meet the Coworking Space Manager
Your coworking space’s first point of contact, the manager, is like the glue that holds everything together. From fixing WiFi to creating awesome content, they’re the go-to person.
Why You Need Them
You might juggle the role in the early days, but a dedicated manager becomes vital as your space grows. They bring a special touch that makes your space run like a well-oiled machine, boosting operations and making members happy.
What’s Their Role?
Coworking space managers are the superheroes of your space, handling a bit of everything:
- Operations: From tech hiccups to day-to-day stuff, they’re on it.
- Sales and Marketing: They show off the space, attract new members, and may even manage your social media.
- Reception Services: Answering calls, giving tours, and keeping the welcome mat out.
- Space Management: They keep things neat, make sure there’s coffee and all necessary supplies, and create a comfy vibe.
- Community Building: Hosting events, being a sounding board for members’ needs, and giving top-notch service.
In a nutshell, their main gig is making sure members have an incredible experience.
Writing a Coworking Space Manager Job Description
Crafting a compelling job description is your first step in finding the perfect coworking space manager. This document outlines the role’s key responsibilities, required skills, salary range, and an engaging job description that reflects your coworking space’s personality. Let’s break it down:
Sample Job Description: Coworking Space Manager
Coworking Space Manager at CoWorkHub Oasis
Be the driving force behind the vibrant community at CoWorkHub Oasis as our Coworking Space Manager. If you thrive on creating exceptional experiences, building connections, and embracing the essence of coworking, this role is your time to shine.
- Conduct the rhythm of seamless daily operations in our energetic coworking space.
- Inspire and lead our team, cultivating a collaborative and uplifting environment.
- Elevate member satisfaction and loyalty through unparalleled service.
- Direct reception duties, including giving tours, member support, and orchestrating meeting room logistics.
- Fuel the engagement of new members, making them feel at home.
- Collaborate with our sales and marketing team to amplify our unique offerings.
- Hard Skills: Command of coworking space management software, MS Office, and CRM systems. Adept at analysis and full-scale project management.
- Soft Skills: Masterful communication, weaving connections with ease. Lead the team with effective management and team-building. Your knack for problem-solving shines, and you thrive in fast-paced settings.
The beat of this role’s salary will groove with your location, experience, and the scale of CoWorkHub Oasis. Recognizing your dedication and expertise, we offer a competitive salary that typically ranges between $XXX AUD and $XXX AUD annually.
At CoWorkHub Oasis, we’re not just about spaces – we’re crafting a hub of innovation and collaboration. If you’re amped up to make a real impact and support individuals and businesses on their journey, we’re ready to harmonize with you.
How to Apply:
Ready to take the lead and make our coworking symphony resound? Share your resume and a cover letter highlighting your unique vibe and enthusiasm at email@example.com. Let’s make coworking waves together!
Feel free to tailor this description to resonate with your coworking space ethos and attract candidates ready to contribute their unique talents to the coworking community.
The Process of Hiring a Coworking Space Manager
Hiring a coworking space manager involves several strategic steps to ensure you find the right fit for your space. Here’s a simple breakdown of the process:
- Define the Role
Clearly outline the coworking manager position’s responsibilities, qualifications, and expectations. This sets the foundation for your search.
- Advertise the Role
To attract potential candidates, spread the word about the job opening through channels like job boards, social media platforms, and industry-specific websites.
- Screen Applications
Review applications and resumes to shortlist candidates with the desired qualifications and experience.
- Conduct Interviews
Interview shortlisted candidates to assess their skills, experience, and cultural fit. Use a mix of in-person, phone, or video interviews based on availability.
- Assess Skills
Evaluate candidates’ hard skills relevant to coworking space management, such as software proficiency and administrative knowledge.
- Evaluate Soft Skills
Pay attention to candidates’ soft skills, including communication, problem-solving, customer service, and leadership abilities.
- Reference Checks
Contact previous employers to gather insights on the candidate’s performance, work ethic, and reliability.
- Make a Job Offer
Extend a job offer to the most suitable candidate, outlining compensation, benefits, and start date details.
- Onboarding and Training
Develop an onboarding plan to familiarize the new coworking manager with your space’s operations, policies, and culture. Provide necessary training for a smooth transition.
Coworking Manager Interview
When interviewing potential managers, focus on the following areas:
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
Assess their ability to handle conflicts and build positive relationships with members.
- Problem-Solving Abilities
Evaluate their adaptability and proactive approach to challenges in a fast-paced environment.
- Leadership and Team Management
Look for qualities that show they can inspire a team and create a positive work environment.
- Technical Skills
Determine their proficiency in using relevant coworking space management software and tools.
- Passion for Coworking
Gauge their enthusiasm for coworking and their vision for fostering a thriving community.
- Choosing a Final Candidate
Consider interview performance, qualifications, fit with company culture, references, and overall potential for growth and leadership.
Remember, finding the right coworking manager is about finding someone who can lead with enthusiasm, connect with the community, and drive the success of your space. It’s crucial to ensure that you also check with the Fair Work Commission to ensure the correct industry role and classification are followed, aligning your hiring process with the local regulations and standards. This comprehensive approach will help you build a thriving coworking environment with a dedicated manager who not only understands the industry’s nuances but also complies with all relevant employment guidelines.
This article appears in Coworking Smarts. View the original ultimate guide to hiring and onboarding a coworking space manager here.
FLEXIBLE WORKSPACE AUSTRALIA
Flexible Workspace Australia is the peak body for coworking and flexible workspace providers and partners across all cities and regions of Australia.